Making the journey easy
We at Samuel Whitbread Academy, aim to make the transition from middle to upper school as seamless and hassle-free as possible. We work particularly closely with our three associated schools, Henlow, Etonbury and Robert Bloomfield Academies to introduce the subject of transition early, in order that all parties are as informed and prepared as possible.
At each of the middle schools the induction process is the same.
Transition Days - School Transport Information
- Central Bedfordshire Council make all decisions and arrangements for school transport for in catchment pupils.
- Late buses are provided free of charge on Tuesdays and Thursdays, leaving school at 4:30pm.
- SWA work together with Chiltern and Herberts to provide paid out of catchment services starting at: J96 Biggleswade; J35 Great Barford; J02 Bedford.
- Poor behaviour will not be accepted on school transport and permanent bans can be implemented.
- School transport application forms have been sent out by Central Beds, they need to completed and returned with a photo.
- If you have not received an application form and think you should have, contact school transport on 0300 300 8339
- Passes will be sent to current schools, if not it will be posted over the summer.
For any further assistance please contact Richard Candlin at SWA on firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or questions regarding transition days please contact Suzanne Garner (Administrator for Admissions, Transition, SIMS, Data & PRE) on email@example.com
Join the Transition Evening here: