Summer 2020 certificates are available for collection as below:
Exam certificates are now ready for collection from the exams office at Samuel Whitbread Academy. Due to current COVID restrictions, we are only able to offer collections during the following times:
- Year 11 - Monday 23rd November to Friday 4th Dec between 3.15pm and 4.30pm
- Year 13 - Monday 14th December to Thursday 17th December between 3.15 and 4.30pm.
We will only release certificates to students
If, as a student, you are unable to collect your certificates in person, then you can nominate someone else to collect on your behalf. However, they must come with the letter written by you and produce photographic ID. We do require a signature upon collection.
To collect your certificates, please come through the school gates next to the exams office in Block 4 and wait at the hatch wearing a face covering. Please do not come into the office.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to assist you outside of the timings detailed above. If you are unable to collect during these times, please contact the exams office on SWA-Examofficer@bestacademies.org.uk after the Christmas break when we can make alternative arrangements.
General Information and Conditions of Entry
- The school will make decisions to enter students for appropriate examinations
- There will be a consultation process i.e. parents' evening
- Decisions about entries are important and we take considerable care to make the right decision for each student
When exam entries have been made each student will be provided with a statement of exam entry. It is important that you check the following information is correct:
- Personal Details - Name, date of birth and gender
- Subjects entered - Check they are all there
- Level of Entry - i.e. Foundation or Higher tier
Please tell the Exams Office, in writing, of any errors or changes to exam entries.
If there is some concern over whether the student should be entered for an exam, they will receive a letter detailing which subjects are involved, outlining the concerns and how these need to be addressed. Students can only be withdrawn from exams after consultation with the relevant Head of Department in agreement with the Head of Year.
Attendance at Examinations
- Students must attend all examinations for which they have been entered
- If they are unable to attend they must notify the Exams Office as soon as possible
- If absence is due to sickness students may be able to claim special consideration if medical evidence e.g. doctor's certificate is provided
Payment for Missed Examinations
- If any part of an examination is missed, including coursework, and no acceptable reason is given, the student will be expected to pay for the cost of entering each examination
- Cost of examinations varies between £10-£20 for units/modules and £27+ for subjects
- Coursework/controlled assessment is an essential element of almost all GCSE and GCE examinations
- If it is not completed and submitted by the deadlines given, students will either be ungraded or be awarded a much lower grade by the Examination Board.
Information for Candidates
- Coursework Assessments
- Non Examination Assessments
- Unauthorised Items
- On-Screen Tests
- Privacy Notice
- Social Media
- Warning to candidates
- Written Examinations
Below you can find results for GCSEs and A levels sat in 2018. Click here for more exam result information.
Summer 2020 Exam certificates will be available from December 2020.