Exam Dates for this academic year 2019/20
Autumn Term 2019
- November Resits - 4th – 11th November
- November Art & Textile mocks – 12th – 22nd November
- Yr 11 November Mocks – all subjects – 25th November – 6th December
- Yr 13 November IPE’s - all subjects - 9th – 13th December
Year 11 Mock & Year 13 IPE timetable
Mock Exam booklet 2019
Spring Term 2020
- January BTEC exams and resits – Dates to be confirmed
- Year 11 core subject mocks - 2nd - 8th March
Summer Term 2020
- Year 10 Mocks – 27th April – 8th May (one of these weeks but could run into second week)
Main Exams – 11th May – 26th June
- Year 12 Mocks – 22nd June – 3rd July
24th June 2020 - Contingency day for GCSE and/or GCE examinations should sustained national or local disruption arise during the June 2020 examination series (GCSE, GCE, June 2020) Students are advised that they should be available throughout the exam period, including on that day, in case their planned timetable is interrupted.
General Information and Conditions of Entry
- The school will make decisions to enter students for appropriate examinations
- There will be a consultation process i.e. parents' evening
- Decisions about entries are important and we take considerable care to make the right decision for each student
When exam entries have been made each student will be provided with a statement of exam entry. It is important that you check the following information is correct:
- Personal Details - Name, date of birth and gender
- Subjects entered - Check they are all there
- Level of Entry - i.e. Foundation or Higher tier
Please tell the Exams Office, in writing, of any errors or changes to exam entries.
If there is some concern over whether the student should be entered for an exam, they will receive a letter detailing which subjects are involved, outlining the concerns and how these need to be addressed. Students can only be withdrawn from exams after consultation with the relevant Head of Department in agreement with the Head of Year.
Attendance at Examinations
- Students must attend all examinations for which they have been entered
- If they are unable to attend they must notify the Exams Office as soon as possible
- If absence is due to sickness students may be able to claim special consideration if medical evidence e.g. doctor's certificate is provided
Payment for Missed Examinations
- If any part of an examination is missed, including coursework, and no acceptable reason is given, the student will be expected to pay for the cost of entering each examination
- Cost of examinations varies between £10-£20 for units/modules and £27+ for subjects
- Coursework/controlled assessment is an essential element of almost all GCSE and GCE examinations
- If it is not completed and submitted by the deadlines given, students will either be ungraded or be awarded a much lower grade by the Examination Board.
Information for Candidates
- Controlled Assessments
- Coursework Assessments
- Non Examination Assessments
- No Mobile Phones
- On-Screen Tests
- Privacy Notice
- Social Media
- Warning to candidates
- Written Examinations
Below you can find results for GCSEs and A levels sat in 2018. Click here for more exam result information.
Summer 2019 Exam certificates will be available from December 2019
COLLECTING EXAM CERTIFICATES
A level and GCSE Certificates are available for collection from reception from Monday 9th December between the hours of 07:45 to 16:30.
The student should collect their own certificates as we do require a signature for them. If they are unable to collect them in person, they can nominate someone to collect them on their behalf. The nominated person must bring with them a letter, signed by the student, stating the name of the person they authorise to collect the certificates upon their behalf. The nominated person must also bring photographic ID with them when collecting the certificates.
Unfortunately, we do not post certificates out as we cannot be responsible for any getting "lost" in the post.
Certificates will be kept for a period of 12 months, so please make every effort to collect them.
School closes on Friday 20th December for the Christmas Holidays.
If you have any queries, please contact SWA-Examofficer@bestacademies.org.uk.