Professional Dress Code
Examples of ACCEPTABLE items of professional clothing
- Trousers, dress and/or skirt with a formal jacket (jacket not compulsory).
- Smart chinos, white/black denim trousers/shorts
- Tailored knee length shorts
- Long or short sleeve shirts (Optional tie can be worn).
- Smart collared polo shirt/top.
- V-neck sweaters and jumpers.
- Cultural clothing.
- Footwear must be suitable for walking at school, including evacuating onto the field in case of an emergency.
- If worn, sandals must enclose the heel securely with a back.
- Students participating in practical lessons such as science, engineering, food or similar must have covered feet in practical rooms and laboratories for safety reasons.
- Optional attire: Specific clothing for the sports academies (rugby, football, netball and dance) – please see the sports department for attire to purchase.
Examples of UNACCEPTABLE items of professional clothing
- Blue jeans/denim, including ripped jeans/trousers.
- Combat trousers.
- Collarless shirts or casual sports T-shirts.
- Sweatshirts and non-school hoodies
- Skirts and shorts that are not on or just above the knee.
- See through items of clothing.
- Crop tops and tank tops
- Strapless tops (a shoulder strap must be present).
- Baseball caps and hats.
- Clothing with slogans/logos.
- Flip-flops, sliders, crocs, slippers and high heeled shoes.
- If you are not part of the sports academies (rugby, football, netball or dance), you should be abiding by the professional dress code and should not be in sports attire when not playing sport
Sixth Form PE Kit
After consultation, the Year 13s decided that they would like Adidas branded clothes and as a result the following items on the link below can be purchased and worn to school. All items will have initials and the Whitbread logo on them. I can appreciate they are not cheap, however the items are of a very high quality. We want you to be smart and comfortable and proud of your sports uniform.
The PE uniform is not a requirement but an alternative to the Sixth Form business attire. This is great for PE students as you will be doing practical sessions at times and this uniform is appropriate for those sessions, as well as giving you an identity to the PE department. To buy PE uniform for the Sixth Form courses please follow the link and use teh username and password below.
Username – swa6form
Password – whitbread
Sadly the website above couldn’t offer the female leggings and shorts that we wanted. After speaking with some of the girls in Year 13 they have chosen the following items.
They must be these items so that we kept that identity mentioned previously. To avoid any challenges from staff please only buy the above items.