Year 9 Options
Helping you make your subject choices
Our broad and balanced Key Stage 4 curriculum offer has been designed to strike a balance between making sure that students study a wide range of subjects and allowing them to develop their own interests. We have taken great care to ensure that what is offered at Key Stage 4 within school reflects the rapidly changing national picture where GCSEs are undergoing fundamental reform and also ensures that the academy is complying with the current government proposal which is moving towards the English Baccalaureate.
Our most successful students understand their chosen courses reflect their passion for the subject and their future career ambitions. Information about our 6th form, the courses that are currently on offer and an idea of the GCSE or BTEC grade requirements to take these subjects, are also available on our website. This is obviously a few years away but it is a great idea to look to the future and then work backwards regarding GCSE choices.
This is clearly an important decision for all involved and needs to be carefully considered. Please ensure your daughter / son discusses their options with you and takes on board all the information and advice to make the right decisions for them and their futures.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- 14th November 2017 - Options evening – Opportunity to meet Heads of Department to discuss individual options.
- 18th January 2018– Options subject report issued to parents & carers. Option booklet available on website.
- 19th February 2018 – Options process opens – students to take completed forms back to their tutor to get it checked that they have followed all of the criteria.
- Friday 16th March 2018 – Final deadline for all option forms to be back with the tutor.
- Start KS4 Options in Year 10.