Samuel Whitbread Academy’s Sixth Form ethos is summarised in four words:
Believe – Achieve – Succeed – Exceed. Every student in our sixth form is encouraged to believe in their abilities and to achieve and succeed with a positive mental attitude.
We can definitely be very proud of our academic achievements. The sixth form is within the top 20% of sixth forms in the UK in terms of our value added data and this is testament to the hard work of students and staff. With highly qualified staff and a wide range of enrichment opportunities, this ensures students are individually challenged and stretched in academic study and beyond.
Mr L Huckle - The Head of Sixth Form
Meet the Sixth Form Team
Mr l huckle
Head of Sixth Form
MrS S Hoad
Head of Year & Assistant Head of Sixth Form
Mrs V Pateman
Sixth Form Admissions, Bursary & Operations
Mrs C Bonham
Pastoral & Academic Support Officer
The sixth form curriculum at Samuel Whitbread Academy offers:
- A Wide Range of Academic and Vocational Courses
- A Supportive Environment
- Expert Teaching and Guidance
- Flexible Study Options
- University Partnerships
- Business Partnerships
How to apply
Please get in touch with any of the following sixth form team to find out more information or to complete your application.
- International students entering Year 12 must be 17 or under by 1st September on the year of entry.
- All international students (or students who have qualifications other than GCSE’s) are required to sit entrance examinations in Maths and English.
- All international students are required to have an entry interview with the Head of Sixth Form.
See the documents below to guide you through independent study during your A Levels.
Sixth Form Induction
View the documents below for an insight into the induction process at Samuel Whitbread Academy Sixth Form and what will be expected of you during your time with us.
Many of our Sixth Form students look forward to continuing their education beyond A level whether that be at university, in apprenticeships or even training in employment. Samuel Whitbread Academy’s Sixth Form has an excellent track record of supporting students’ applications to some of the most prestigious universities, in the UK and abroad. We have a very focused Oxbridge and medicine high attainers group alongside the broader yet highly respectable and stringent Russell Group and Million+ group. No matter which level of further study students are wishing to aspire to our team is always willing to support, regardless of the intended destinations.
The vast majority of our students still consider university as their first choice, followed by apprenticeships, gap years or Art Foundation courses. Over recent years the percentage of our students taking up places at university has increased both within the Million+ group and also into top Russell Group universities. Each year students from Samuel Whitbread also go on to study at Oxbridge and we even have students going on to study overseas in places such as Florida and Boston.
We care about our students’ future choices and invest great time and effort to ensure all parties are involved in this decision-making process including parents, teachers, tutors and the sixth form team.
Advice & Guidance
Some useful sites:
- What A-Levels do you need for the Degree you want to study?
- The Official Website for Comparing UK Higher Education Course Data
- Too Many University Applicants 'Pick Wrong Subjects at 16'
- Letter To Schools And Colleges England
- Implementing A Level Reform Sept 2014
- KS5 Curriculum Changes Power Point - March 2016
- Letter to Year 11 Parents regarding Sixth Form changes for Sept 2016
Sixth Form Notices
Sixth Form Bulletin
The Sixth Form bulletin will be published by the Head of Sixth Formto give an overview of what has been going on in the Sixth Form. This bulletin will also be emailed to all students and parents.