Teacher Assessed Grades 2021
Teacher assessments will replace exams in summer 2021. This applies to assessments for GCSEs, AS and A-levels, as well as some vocational and technical qualifications (VTQs).
What's the timeline?
- From March - Teachers can get training and support from exam boards on making fair judgements on grades
- End of March – Schools will receive optional assessment materials from the exam boards on all subjects (except art and design) and additional guidance on processes and procedures
- Before 18 June – Schools will carry out an internal quality assurance
- 18 June - Deadline for submitting pupil results to exam boards
- June and July - Exam boards will conduct external quality assurance by checking evidence for a sample of schools and subjects. It'll also follow up on any concerns it has about schools' internal quality assurance processes
- 10 August - AS and A-level results day
GCE Results Day – Tuesday 10th August 2021
- 12 August - GCSE results day
GCSE Results Day - Thursday 12th August 2021
- After results are released - there'll be a window for pupils to appeal if they think their grade is wrong.
SWA Appeals Guidance 2021
For details on the Consultation outcomes from Ofqual please click on the link below:
For an infographic summary on how A levels, AS levels and GCSEs will be awarded please click on the link below:
For an infographic summary on how vocational and technical qualifications (VTQs), including BTECs will be awarded please click on the link below:
This page will be updated as further detailed guidance is released.