We receive a grant from the government every year which we use in order to meet these key objectives:
- Raise progress and narrow and close the gap between the achievement of these pupils/students and their peers (measured in gap between PP and non-PP LoP, particularly in English and Maths)
- Increase social mobility and address any underlying inequalities between children eligible for pupil premium and others, improving engagement with education.
- So that we make a significant impact on students’ education and lives.
We get the grant from the government for children who are in one of these categories:
- If you get free school meals, either at the moment or at any point in the last six years (since September 2009)
- If you are a Looked After Child.
- If you are adopted from care or have left care on a special guardianship order or child arrangements order (previously known as a residence order).
- If you are a service child, or have a parents who were in the services from January 2011
To find out more information, please visit our Pupil Premium Page
POLICIES AT SAMUEL WHITBREAD ACADEMY
All of our policies can be viewed by clicking here.
Bedfordshire Schools Trust (BEST)
Samuel Whitbread is a member of Bedfordshire Schools Trust (BEST). For any information regarding the trust's financial reports and accounts please click here.