Whole school summer exam timetable
Academic year 2016/17 exam certificates are now available from Wednesday 15th November from the exams office between 9am – 2:30pm – see below.
General Information and Conditions of Entry
- The school will make decisions to enter students for appropriate examinations
- There will be a consultation process i.e. parents' evening
- ecisions about entries are important and we take considerable care to make the right decision for each student
When exam entries have been made each student will be provided with a statement of exam entry. It is important that you check the following information is correct:
- Personal Details - Name, date of birth and gender
- Subjects entered - Check they are all there
- Level of Entry - i.e. Foundation or Higher tier
Please tell the Exams Office, in writing, of any errors or changes to exam entries.
If there is some concern over whether the student should be entered for an exam, they will receive a letter detailing which subjects are involved, outlining the concerns and how these need to be addressed. Students can only be withdrawn from exams after consultation with the relevant Head of Department in agreement with the Head of Year.
Attendance at Examinations
- Students must attend all examinations for which they have been entered
- If they are unable to attend they must notify the Exams Office as soon as possible
- If absence is due to sickness students may be able to claim special consideration if medical evidence e.g. doctor's certificate is provided
Payment for Missed Examinations
- If any part of an examination is missed, including coursework, and no acceptable reason is given, the student will be expected to pay for the cost of entering each examination
- Cost of examinations varies between £10-£20 for units/modules and £27+ for subjects
- Coursework/controlled assessment is an essential element of almost all GCSE and GCE examinations
- If it is not completed and submitted by the deadlines given, students will either be ungraded or be awarded a much lower grade by the Examination Board.
UMS Grade Boundaries
Information for Candidates
- Controlled Assessments
- Coursework Assessments
- Non Examination Assessments
- No Mobile Phones
- On-Screen Tests
- Privacy Notice
- Social Media
- Warning to candidates
- Written Examinations
COLLECTING EXAM CERTIFICATES
Certificates are available for collection between 9am and 2:30pm from the exams office. If you are no longer a student at the school, you must sign in at reception.
If a student is unable to collect their certificates in person, a friend or relative may pick these up instead. However, they must have a letter from the student giving them permission and provide identification. If the preferred method of receipt for certificates is by post, an A4 stamped addressed envelope should be provided to the exams office.
Please note: The exams office do not take responsibility for certificates lost in the post.